Can’t get a ticket to see Matthew Desmond? Watch a livestream
Because tickets to see Pulitzer Prize-winning author Matthew Desmond sold out in less than 24 hours with almost 400 on the wait list, event organizers and Christ Lutheran Church have arranged for a livestream showing of the event. The church is at 4519 Providence Road in Charlotte.
- No registration or RSVP is needed.
- Parking is available.
- Doors open at the church at 6 p.m. The Desmond event begins at 6:30 p.m. from McGlohon Theater at Spirit Square.
- A question-and-answer session and panel discussion will take place at McGlohon after Desmond’s presentation.
The livestream will be available only at the church; it won’t be streamed for general viewing online.
Community-wide interest has been high. More than 40 local book clubs are taking part in an initiative inviting them to study Desmond’s 2016 book, Evicted Poverty and Profit in the American City. The Foundation For The Carolinas bought 600 copies of the book and made them available for book clubs and others.
To get more information on the Desmond lecture at McGlohon Theater, visit this site. However, no one registering now should expect to get in.
Organizers ask those already registered who can’t attend to please cancel the reservation, to allow some people on the wait list to be admitted.
Details on the event at Christ Lutheran Church:
- Main sanctuary (second floor) is in The Worship Center
- Link to campus map. (Sanctuary is No. 17 on the campus map)
- Seating for up to 1,000. No RSVP required